Improving Your Translation Career
Starting a translation career can be fun, but it is also challenging. Here are six tips on becoming a successful translator.
1) Having the ability to write well is very important.
2) You have to know a second language just as well as you know your first so that you can converse with those who speak the language natively.
3) Although a degree is not necessary, holding a university degree or certification in translation can be very important when looking for jobs or working as a freelance translator.
4) Be confident in your target language and within the specific industries you serve clients in, such as finance and banking or sports marketing.
5) Be familiar with the subject matter of what is to be translated before accepting assignments or full time positions.
6) Practicing your second or third languages daily or participating in an exchange program or working abroad is highly recommended.
If you are looking to work as a freelance, agency or corporate translator, please check our blog on how to become a successful translator. Here is a link to the site: https://www.BecomeATranslator.com
Read a full description of the CTP Designation Program by clicking here.